- Bombarded by Italian Navy and then occupied.
- Forced to retreat by Britain and France.
- Why: Italian general Tellini assassinated on Corfu and Corfu refused to apologise or pay 50 million lira compensation to Italy.
1 of 5
- Mussolini bargained with Yugoslavia.
- Original occupation 1919 failed: wanted it back.
- No violence used.
- Seen as a success.
2 of 5
Locarno Pact 1925.
- Guaranteed integrity of N. European frontiers.
- Mussolini posed as major European statesman: propaganda value.
- Won support of Britain and France.
3 of 5
- 1924: Ahmed Zog took Italian control of Albania.
- Friendship treaty.
- First step in Fascist imperial expansion..
- Not complete control but Albania virtually a satellite state.
4 of 5
Kellogg-Briand Pact 1928.
- Outlawed another war.
- The 65 countries who signed said that they wanted peace.
5 of 5