- Created by: KatieHolmes99
- Created on: 10-01-15 22:54
Limestone and its uses C1 Unit 1
Notes (pages 36-37):
1 of 6
Reactions of Carbonates C1 Unit 1
2 of 6
The "Limestone Reaction Cycle" C1 Unit1
3 of 6
Cement and Concrete C1 Unit 1
4 of 6
Limestone Issues C1 Unit 1
- We depend on limestone to provide building materials.
- Quarrying limestone can have a negative impacts on the environment and on people living near to the quarries.
- Cement works are often close to limestone quarries. Making cement involves heating limestone with clay in large kilns. This uses a large area of land and a lot of energy.
Notes (pages 44-45):
5 of 6
6 of 6