CRS-intended audience peer group
- Intro: ever falled down apples and pears whilst you're elephant's trunk? Got you scratching your loaf? will if not familiar with London's secret language.
- works-common word and using a rhyming phrase with two or more to replace it e.g look-butcher's hook. several have emerged - many still emerging
- translate intro-stairs, drunk,head
- second word rhyming word often completely omitted (example)-hemiteleia
- cockney-someone who lives in the East End of London- any part where you hear bow bells
- East End has emerged as a place where the olympics are held-used to be poorest part of the city-cockney accent heard less often in central london-still in suburbs and essex etc
- why does it exist-rhetorical-good english word-tricky conversation-confusing locals!
- Origins-mid 18th century-used by chaunters and patterers(travelling salesmen)-1859 John Cant
- came about- game/linguistic accident/deliberate coded language/market trad/crim
- definitely used less today but not dead- e.g. ayrton senna-tends to rhyme with celebs
- plenty of time to evolve and spread throughout the UK-Australia facebook page
- CONCLUSION- So next time you want to communicate in an unusual or exciting way to add some variety to your life then I fully suggest using cockney rhyming slang
1 of 2
- wake up during the night-flash-sound of what sounds like drumming (machine gun)-fear for your life-want to escape-leave or stay? emotions-bad dream? UK-yes? Syria-reality- It is something that you have to face every day, every evening, every living moment whilst you’re in that country.
- syrians escaping horrors of war, terror of militants-get a sense of normality-keep themselves safe (children and home)- provide sense of security and create their future? considr desert, heat etc
- story of Ali-a young child who has had left syria of shelling- broke into houses, stealing etc- family died- journey to Europe-unsafe, dangerous, illegal- wants to go to school- unsafe dinghys-provision for shower-toilet
- Alis message to world is that children are now homeless and they are losing their
- migrants need to be able to join, continue, contribute-economy, culture and diversity
- migrants are the future- fresh opportunity, fresh start and give them respect
- courage- DAN RATHER- Courage is being afraid but going on anyhow.
2 of 2