Suanders on the 'Coming of the Kingdom'
- Jesus intended to proclaim the power of God
- He referred to as 'The Kingdom of God' (Mark and Luke)
- 'Kingdom of Heaven'- Matt
- Kingdom of God, is in some ways clear and precise, but in others, ambiuous
- God's Kingdom in first- century Palestine, was definitly not the present Kingdom
- It is hard to say positively waht Jesus meant by 'Kingdom of God'
- Two meanings that would have been more or less self evident= 1. God regins in heaven, the kingdom of god / heaven exists eternally. 2. He has chosen to allow human history to run on with relatively little interference
- Almost any first- century Jew could have agreed that God rules here and now, since he exercises providence
'Humans can get ready for it, but otherwise they cannot do anythings about it: the Kingdom is like the weather
1 of 1