- Created by: fsward1
- Created on: 22-05-19 16:36
What is "egocentric speech"? How many types did "_
- Speaking in a way that does not respect. the informational needs of the listener
- Piaget identified three types:
- Repetition: young children sometimes repeat sentences or phrases immediately after hearing them. No apparent reason.
- Individual monologue: young children sometimes make a running commentary of what they're doing. As if thinking aloud. Sometimes adults also do this.
- Collective monologue: a child may or may not intend to communicate info to others in the group, but egocentric speech prevents anyone being able to grasp the meaning.
1 of 10
What is "communicative value"?
The effectiveness of a message in informing the listener.
2 of 10
What is meant by "moral subjectivist"?
- A person
- Judges moral acts based on intention behind them, rather than consequences of the act.
3 of 10
What is a "moral realist"?
- judges moral acts by the physical consequences, rather than the intention behind the act.
4 of 10
Define "instrumental aggression".
- Aggression that is a means to a specific end.
5 of 10
Define "hostile aggression".
- Aggression is not instrumental
- motivated in an attempt to harm another person for the sake of it.
6 of 10
Define a "sensitive period".
- Period in development
- A certain kind of learning readily takes place
7 of 10
Who belived that humans are naturally peaceful & n
The philosopher Rosseau.
8 of 10
Who said that humans are born with a "death instin
9 of 10
What did Rosseau and Froid believe regarding socie
- Rousseau = humans are peaceful, aggression is a by-product of a social pathology inherent in our society.
- Freud = believed society may harness or neutralise much of human aggression.
10 of 10