Love in Under Milk Wood has many forms such as hatred and malice.
- Love - Life, Spring, Babies, Fertility
- Hatred - Poison, Death, Sterility
- Mrs OP, Mrs Pugh, Jack Black, Women at the pump & The Neighbours.
- All lack love in their lives (conventional marriages)
- criticise & seek to destroy happiness & pleasures of others (PollyG)
Love between couples seen in many forms
Mog Edwards & Myfanwy Price
- Enjoy to love from a distance & prefer to avoid commitment
- Will never end up together, and neither would fit into each others life.
Gossamer Beuynon & Sinbad Sailors
- Love eachother, but will never get together, because of themselves
- Sinbad's intimidated by an idealised picture of her
- She longs for Sinbad in her dreams
Love for the dead - Captain Cat, Bessie Bighead and Polly Garter
- Loved many women like Waldo
- His love is for Rosie Proburt (dead prostitute, love of his life)
- Cries in his sleep, and begs her to return
- Loves Gomer Owen
- He kissed her for a dare (her first kiss, never been kissed since)
- Relives that memory of "affection" all her life.
- Loved every "Tom, **** and Harry"
- Her only true love was "little Willy Wee" pictures him when making love to other men
Mae Rose Cottage & Nogood Boyo
- No one special in their lives
- Overwhelmed by extravagant Sexual Fantasies
- MRC - longs for Mr Right, day dreams about sex
- NGB- Japanese dancing girls, *********.