Diet and exersize
- A balanced diet includes everything needed to keep the body healthy.
- Different people need different amounts of energy, because the metabolic rate varies between people
- Metabolic rate: The rate at which reactions take place in your body.
- If energy taken in < the energy used, the person will lose mass.
- The more exersize you do, the more food you need
- If the diet is unbalanced, the person can become malnourished
- If take in more energy than you need your mass will increase.
- Very overweight people are called 'Obese'.
- Obesity can lead to health problems, e.g Type 2 Diabetes
- It is also unhealthy to be very underweight.
- Exersize helps to keep the body healthy.
- Is made in the liver
- Used to make cell membranes and some hormones
- Is ESSENTIAL!
- Too much = Atherosclerosis - clogged up arteries
Less blood flow ---> Less O2 + glucose ---> lower rate of respiration
What affects Cholesterol?
- Your diet
- Liver (genetics)
- High density lipoproteins
- Helps clear up bad cholesterol
- Low density Lipoproteins
- Litters unhealthy cholesterol
Saturated fat --> Raises cholesterol levels (e.g animal fats, butter, cheese)
Unsaturated fat --> Good for you (e.g Oils)