- Created by: Emily Webb
- Created on: 18-05-15 15:33
- Good Wil: concerned with the interests of others not our own
- Acting out of Good will = acting out of duty
- Reason will lead us to know what our duty is, and to do our duty is to do good
- If Kant were asked 'why must I do my duty' he would say 'because it is your duty'
- Doing the right thing for the wrong reason goes against the duty principle on the grounds that you are driven by something other than duty
- This is immoral as you act hypothetically and fail to realise that duty is good in itself
- Kant teaches that when we are aware moral obligation in the form of a Categorical imperative we have a duty to obey it- 'ought implies can'
1 of 1