The group on chefs in a kitchen:
• Head chef- Person in charge of kitchen, responsible for all chefs
• Sous chef-(second chef) second in command, after head
• Pastry chef(patissier) prepares pastries and desserts
• Larder chef-(grade manager) – responsible for cold foods e.g. salads and dressings
• Sauce chef- (saucier) prepares sauces
• Vegetable chef-(entremetier) prepares vegetables, soups, starches and eggs
• Assistant chef-(commis) helps in all areas of the kitchen-doing easier tasks.
• The kitchen porter-cleans up after the chefs, does washing up and carries goods to and from the store
Food and drink service
The restaurant manager- in charge of restaurant
The head waiter/ess- is second in charge of the restaurant
The wine waiter/ess- is responsible for helping guests to select wine.
The wait staff- Serve the customers, clear the tables and check if the customer is satisfied.