- The Diameter, d, is the distance across the circle through the center.
- The Radius, r, is the distance from the center to the edge.
- The Circumference, C, is the perimeter - the distance around the edge.
Area = π x r²
Circumference = π x d
Area of a rectangle: Area = Length x Width.
Area of a Parallelogram: Area = Length x Height.
Area of a Triangle: Area = Base x Height -> Then half the answer.
Sharing a quantity in a given ratio:
- Add up the total parts.
- Work out what one part is worth.
- Work out what the other parts are worth.
£20,000 is shared between Ewan and Leroy in the Ratio 1 : 4.
How much does each recieve?
1 + 4 = 5.
5 parts = £20,000. 1 part = £20,000 divided by 5 = £4000.
So Ewan gets 1 x £4000 = £4000.
And Leroy gets 4 x £4000 = £16,000.