- Jairus begs Jesus to heal his daughter by laying his hands on her but then a messenger comes to say the girl is dead.
- Jesus goes with Peter, James and John to Jairus’ house saying, ‘Don’t be afraid; only believe.’
- When he arrives he asks why everyone is weeping.
- He says the child is not dead, only sleeping.
- He goes to her and, taking her hand, tells her to ‘get up little girl’ (‘Talitha Klum’).
- He then says she should be given something to eat.
- He gives strict orders that no one should be told what has happened.
1 of 1