- God Made every human being
- God is the creator of all and we are all 'one in christ'-paul letter to Galatians
- Jesus showed in his teachings and actions that all people have human dignity as he mixed with tax collectors and showed importance of caring for all through parables like the good samaritan
- We should treat others with human dignity as it says in Jesus' Golden rule
- Christian charities e.g. Campaign for racial justice encourage racial justice and support refugees and asylum seekers
- Jews believe God is creator of all life and every deserves respect.
- Book of Leveitcus 'when a stranger stays with you in your land, you shall do him no wrong'
- MITZVAH to treat all with dignity
- TZEDEK aim to eliminate poverty regardless of race and religion
1 of 4
- Bible teaches that God created all human beings as equal regardless of race or gender
- Genisis-'image of God'
- Jesus- Golden rule. people should be treated as they would like to be treated yourself.
- Parable of the good samaritan
- All humans made in the 'image of God' we are all equal
- Book of Leveticus 'when a stranger stays with you in your land, you shall do him no wrong'
- Giving to charity is a MITZVAH and when you give to charity, you are helping to make people feel like they mean something and are equal to everyone else.
2 of 4
- Material wealth isn't the most important thing in life. Bible-'The love of money is the root of all evil'
- Jesus 'You cannot serve both God and Money' Being obsessed with money makes people greedy
- Money and possessions are not of lasting value, they can be lost or stolen or loose their value.
- We shouldn't store up riches on earth, but in heaven 'lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven'
- All posessions belong to God, so should neither be chased after or rejected
- Book of Proverbs 'Don't wear yourself out trying to get rich. Be wise wnough to control yourself. Wealth can vanish in the wink of an eye
- People should budget carefully and provide for oneself and one's family
3 of 4
- Given to charity is important to christains and some give a regular amount to charities such as Cafod and Christian aid
- The bible teaches the importance of sharing e.g John the Baptist taught that those with two coats must share one.
- Many christains give a tithe (10%) of their income to charities
- Giving to thos in need is a duty,it's a MITZVAH to care and support others
- Financial support to the poor is a called Tzaedaka.
- In many Jewish homes there are money boxes called 'Pushkes'. These boxes are used to collect the money that will be given to charity
4 of 4