List some Christian responses to racism.
* Martin Luther King (1929 – 1968) was one of the many black people in America who couldn’t vote + was paid half of what white people earned, but he believed that white and black people were equal and Christian beliefs told him that hate could only b conquered by peace and love
* CMEAC (The Committee for Minority and Ethnic Anglican concerns) speaks out against racism (social responsibility) + supports race awareness initiative, hoping to encourage + enable ethmin in church
* Dutch reformed church (DRC) has often been confessed as a spiritual inspiration to the many who have confessed to gross human rights violations i.e. murder + abduction. The DUC was expelled from, the World Council of Churches
List some Jewish responses to Racism.
* The seven Laws of Noah: Teach that everyone is descended from Adam and are therefore equal in the eyes of God + Leviticus 19:33 - “The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native born
* Jewish council for Racial Equality (J-Core): Founded in 1976 to counteract all forms of Racism in British society by working with Jews in other communities. Helps ethmins,
* Jewish covenant with God: They should follow God’s rules (Galatians 19:33) so that he would keep them safe and happy – 1st covenant made between God and Abraham
* Previous experiences with anti-semitism will also encourage them to accept ethmins