1. Plastic granules are placed into the hopper. Then, the granule mixture falls onto the Archimedean screw.
2. The screw is rotated via the motor and gearbox. This action forces the polymer forwards towards the heater where it is softened to the point where it can be injected into the mould.
3. The hydraulic ram forces the polymer through the feedhole into the mould. Pressure from the ram ensures the mould cavity is filled.
4. Once sufficient time has passed to allow the polymer to cool and solidify (a matter of seconds), the mould halves are opened. As they open, ejector pins are activated to release the product from the mould.
5. The mould is emptied, ready to start a new cycle.