Inbau and Reid - "Nine Steps" Interrogation Techni
Nine Steps Interrogation Technique.
1. Confront the suspect with their supposed guilt concerning the offence.
2. Offer the suspect the opportunity to shift blame.
3. Prevent/interrupt the suspect if they attempt to deny guilt.
4. Ignore denials.
5. Maintain good eye contact, use the suspects' first name, "understand" the suspects' difficulties.
6. When the suspect becomes quiet, offer alternatives.
7. Offer two alternative explanations of guilt.
8. Ensure witnesses present when suspect admits guilt.
9. Ensure cofession is written down and signed.