The Russian Revolution
What makes a Revolution?
- A rebellion and complete overthrow of existing order. Precise terms and goals.
- Mass strikes, protests
- A switching of loyalty by repressive forces such as police, army and politicians
- A political leadership capable of guiding the discontent
The Russian Revolution part 1 - background
- Food shortages due to peasants in WW1, leading to price increases and a low
level of industrialisation.
- Tsars unable to sustain a modern war effort due to lack of industry, leading to
defeats and mass desertion. Highly demoralised efforts.