The trend towards equality in terms of change is due to adaptation of social values.
Research shows: Working full time wives did less domestic work.
- Full time did 73% of housework
- Part time did 82% of housework
- No work did 83% of housework
Comercialisation of housework
Emphasises economic factors.
- Goods are now mass produced, reducing the amount of domestic labour.
- Women working means they can afford to buy things, less dependant on men.
When a person is responsible for two jobs. Usually applied to women ( Femenists) in paid work but responsible for domestic work.
Management of own and others emotional aspects.
Women are more likely to deal with this.
It is argued that in civil partnerships ( Gay and Lesbian) roles are equally shared due to different interactions)