- Created by: Jamie Lee
- Created on: 08-03-13 14:43
Stage 1: Analysis
This takes place when the current system is still up and running. It is looked at in detail and problems are identified. Methods of researching a system:
- Observation - Involves the systems analyst walking around the organisation, this allows the analyst to gather reliable and unbiased information.
- Interviews - Analyst can interview key people within the system to find out how it works.
- Questionnaires - With a large group of people, a questionnaire is a quick and simple way to gather information.
- Collecting Documents - Most businesses will use documents to store information, the analyst can collect examples of these documents.
The analyst will then identify any problems with the system, they can then create a list of requirements for the new system.