- Trimuvirate-( stalin, zinoveve, kamneve) - keep Trotsky out of power,
- Used Lenins funeral- wrong date, claimed Trotsky in his book only emphasised his own role, Zinovieve invented 'Trotskyism'.
- Triumvirate split 1925 because they had achieved their goal, now focused on socialism in one country which Zinoiveve and Kamenve could not accept.
- Duumvirate -( Stalin and Buckharin)- had same idelogical ground, both agreed on continuation of NEP although Buckharin was more comitted.
- Fourteenth Party Congress- Duumivirate won 559 to 65
- Kameneve removed from sovnarkom, Buckharin replaced Zinoviev as head of chair man of comintern.
- Trotsky forced to resign as Head of Red Army.
- Fifteen Party Congress- Trotsky, Zinovieve and Kameveve expelled
- Trotsky exiled,Kameve and Zinoveve publically aplogised and let back in
- Stalin temporarily stopped grain requistioning
1 of 2
- Private Property and money abolished in order to win civil war, this was lenin at his most radical
- NEP 1921 introduced focused on education and it was favoured by the right wing of the party.
- Trotsky on LEFT, Stalin in MIDDLE, Buckharin on RIGHT
- The Great Industrilisation Debate- October revolution had created new govt. but not turned russia into Socialist state.
- 1923- NEP seen to be idelogically wrong and favoured peasants. Failed to deliver economic growth.
- Preobrazhensky 'squeeze the life out of the peasants'( Trotsky said this is a dicatatorship)
- Smychka alliance -increase taxes on peasants
- Rightwing still favoured NEP
- Trotsky did not believe that Russia had the economic resources to move to a socialist state,he hoped europe would have a revolution so could provide Russia with resources it needed.
- 1924- Stalin and Buckharin Socialism in one country
- Bonapartism- Stalin argued that Trotsky was the real threat to a new revolution. Stalin feared that Trotsky like Napolean Bonarparte would use his position as Head of Red Army to become a military dictator.
2 of 2