The copyright law
Made in 1988.
Made it illegal to copy work without the owners permission.
By owning a piece of work that is protected by the copyright law it doesn not stop others from copying it, but allows the owner to take action to the courts.
The main problem is that it is difficult to track the offenders.
Personal Data Protection
Data Protection Act - governs the use of this data and details the actions that can be taken by data subjects if their data is abused.
Computer Misuse Act - makes it illegal to hack into a computer system and steal the data stored on it.
Health and Saftey
Main tasks to ensure saftey:
1. Analyse workstations and assess and reduce the risks
2. Ensure that workstations meet the minimum requirements
3. Plan work so that there are breaks or changes of activity
4. Arrange and pay for eye tests and glasses
5. Provide health and saftey training and information
Input and output devices
Input device - a piece of hardware that is used to enter data into a computer or device such as a smartphone. Examples are a touch screen or a keyboard.
Output device - a piece of hardware that is used to output data that has been previously entered into a computer or device such as a smartphone. Eamples are an LED display, headphones or a printer.