The Cell Cycle
- Phase G1- growth, transcription, protein synthesis
- S phase- DNA in nucleus replicated
- Phase G2- Cell prepares for division
- Prophase- Spindle microtubules extend from each pole to equator. Chromosomes supercoil into chromosomes.
- Metaphase- Nuclear membrane broken down and chromosomes moved to equator. Spindle microtubules attach to each centromere
- Anaphase- Centromeres divide, microtubules pull chromosomes to opposite poles.
- Telophase- Spindle microtubules broken down, nuclear membranesform around them. Chromosomes uncoil and cell divides into two- cytokinesis
1 of 2
Uses for Mitosis
Embryonic development when the large cell produced by fertilization divides to produce smaller cells
2 of 2