- Created by: Marianne Bradley
- Created on: 31-05-10 10:28
- Mussolini gained the support of elite and middle classes by crushing Socialism.
- The class structure remained unchanged e.g. there were class divisions in O.N.D. activities.
- Limited transformation of the social hierarchy.
- Mussolini had to adapt his Fascist policies to appeal to these groups.
1 of 2
- Opposition was suppressed through the banning of opposition parties, censorship, and violence.
- The O.V.R.A. (secret police) were set up.
- They were used to spy on opposition groups.
- However: many people did not believe in Fascism, they simply conformed to Fascist ideals.
- This was despite incentives offered and the threat of violence.
2 of 2
Similar History resources: