- Created by: Q_
- Created on: 07-04-19 23:27
How to improve the nomination process
1. Abolish the caucuses and replace them with primaries, thereby increasing participation levels and making voters more representative of the electorate as a whole.
2. Take away closed primaries, thereby encouraging voters not allied with one of the two major parties to participate.
3. Rotate the order of primaries to increase geographic and demographic diversity.
4. Tie super-delegate votes to the primary results in their respective states, thereby stoppin them from potentially overturning the will of the actual voters (super-delegates are a form of peer review).
5. Allow candidates to select their own delegates, thereby preventing the possibility we saw in 2016 when some Trump delegates failed to support the candidate at the convention.