Adrenaline: Produced in the adrenal gland
Oestrogen: Produced in the ovaries
FSH: Produced in the Pituitary gland -- (also known as folical stimulation hormone )causes an egg to mature in the ovaries
Insulin: Produced in the pancreas. -- controll the blood suagr levels
Tesosterone: Produced in the testes
LH: Produced in the pituitary gland
FSH -- Folical stimulating hormone
- FSH is produced by the Pituitay gland
- FSH causes and egg to mature in the ovary and stimulates the ovaries to release the hormone oestrogen
- oestrogen stops FSH being produced so that only a single egg can mature in the cycle
- it stimulates the pituritary gland to release the hormone LH
- LH causes the mature egg to be released by the ovary
Homeostatsis-- maintaining a constant internal environment
The Pill & IVF
- The pill is an oral contraseptive
- It stops FSH being produced which means no mature eggs are released
- some women do not produced enough FSH to allow their eggs to mature.
- Fertillity drugs contain FSH, which stimulates eggs to mature in the ovary.
- if a couple are having difficulty having a child, invetro fertiliasation or IVF can be used.
- This is where the egg is fertillised outside the womans body, and then implanted into the uterous.
- FSH can also be used in IVF