Hormones and Female Reproductive
- Hormones are produced in the endocrine gland.
- Hormones job is too signal changes within a body.
- Male sex hormone is testosterone.
- Female sex hormone is oestrogen.
- Progesterone is the pregnancy hormone that controls the menstrual cycle.
- Female has two ovaries (sex glands) that control hormones oestrogen and progestrone.
- Ovulation is when the ovaries produce an egg once a month.
- The uterus has strong muscular walls called the amnion and the chorion.
- The uterus job is to nature the unborn child.
- The uterus lining is called the endometrium.
- The endomentrium enriches the blood after a period when no fertilising egg is implanted.
- The fallopian tubes are tubes that lead to the uterus.
- The egg that is released travels down the fallopian tube.
- Sperm can swim up the fallopian tube and fertilise an egg.
- Cervix is a strong muscle between the uterus and the vagina.
- The cervix holds the unborn child.
- The vagina is a tube which extends to the cervix at the neck of the uterus and exists the body.
1 of 1