Bukharin and the right-wing
- This group were concerned that the collectivisation plan would lead to a return of war communism.
- Worried about increases in violence, rural unrest, and shortages of food and rationing.
1 of 3
- The peasants rebelled in the form of riots and armed reistance.
- They also burned crops, tools and houses to prevent the state from taking them.
- The animals taken to be used on these farms were recaptured.
- Animals were slaughtered and eaten/sold to prevent them being used on collective farms.
- 10 million peasants were driven off their land or killed.
- Ukranian peasants were particularly hostile.
2 of 3
- Action by women proved very powerful.
- Protests were carefully organised.
- Their goal was to stop grain requisitioning.
- Some of them also wanted to retrieve horses.
- It was more difficult for the troops to take action against the protesting women than the men.
3 of 3