treaty of versailles
Germany had to pay reperations to the Allies.
- reperations were eventually fixed in 1921 at 136,000 million marks (£6600 million)
Germany lost all its colonies
- the 11 german colonies in africa and the far east were given to victorious ocontries as 'mandates' - territories to look after
germany military forces were cut out
- the army was limited to 100,000 to be used internally only
- the navy limited to 6 battleships, 6 cruisers, 12 destroyers and 12 torpedo boats. no submarines.
- no air force allowed. existing air force destroyed
- the rhineland was demilitarised - the germany army was not allowed in the rhineland which bordered france.
Germany lost land - alsace and lorraine lost to france
1 of 1