The Yalta conference.
- When? - February 1945.
- The big three were Roosevelt, Stalin and Churchill.
- The big three, agreed to split Germany into four zones of occupation.
- They also agreed to allow free elections in Eastern European countries.
- Russia was invited to join the united nations.
- Russia promised to join the war against Japan when Germany was defeated.
1 of 2
The Potsdam Conference.
- When? - July 1945.
- Germany had been defeated.
- Roosevelt had died.
- Churchill had lost the 1945 election, so there were open disagreements.
- Truman was angry about the size of reparations, and that there was a communist government being set up in Poland.
- Truman did not tell Stalin that he had the atomic bomb.
2 of 2
Similar History resources: