The Madagascar Plan etc.
- the plan was to move 4 million jews from europe to the island of madagascar
- 1931 - a German publicist wrote ' the entire jewish nation sooner of later miust be confined to an island. This would afford the possibility of control and minimise the danger of infection'
- 1937 - sent a comission to Madagscar to detemine the feasibiltiy of forcing jews to emirgate there.
- Lean Alter - the director of jewish emirgation believed that only 2,000 people could be settled there.
- not till 1938, a year after comission, that the Nazis began to consider the Madagscar plan
- 12th november, 1939 - Hermann Goering told the cabinet that Hitler was going to suggest to the west to madagscar.
- 22nd June 1941 - under Operation Barbarossa, Germany invaded the Soviet Union.
- bolshevick was linked to jewish conspiracy - also came Einstazgruppen (operational squads)
- over 1 million jews had been murdered east of september 1939
- Einstazgruppen A - 1,000 B - 655, C - 700 and D - 600
- 1st december 1941, head of En reported his men had mudered 200,000 jews only 34,000 remianed alive and used as slave labour.
- Brest - Litovsk was the first city to be overrun by the Germans in June 1941.
- Germans attacked B-L onn 22nd June/ 200 jewish men were arrested then 10th july more than 6,000 Jews were killed.
- In autumn 1941, a ghetto was established for the 20,000 remaining jews in B-L.
- The E was continued from the end of June 1941 until the end of the year and then into 1942 and 1943.
- In Kishinev, more than 24,000 jews were murdered. In Odessa, more than 19,000 Jews were killed between 12th jan and 23 feb 1942.
- Between jan and april 1942, 91,678 jews were killed at the Crimea.
- In ukraine, romanian gendarmes and soldiers joined the Germans in killing Ukrainian Jews.
1 of 1