- There was a long tradition of hotility towards the Jews.
- Hitler's hatred stemmed from his time in Vienna.
- Rejected from the academy of Arts, he luved like a tramp from 1900 to 1913.
- The Nazi party published the 25 point programme in 1920 - George Strasser and Gottfeder.
- Point 4 stated - 'none but members of the nation may be citizens of the state...no Jews therefore may be a member of hte Nation'
- 1921 - Hitler established the SA to attack the Jews.
- Hitler blammed the Jews for the first world war, the treaty of versailles and the hyperinflantion of 1923.
1 of 4
- The nazis wanted to creat a 'Volksgemeinschaft' = people's nation.
- The Day of Potsdam ( 1933) and the berlin Olympics (19330 were used to creatre and bolster the image of the Nazis.
- The ideal race - blonde haired, blue eyed - women had broad hips for childbearing and men, athletic and invovled in politics and war.
- 1935, marriage of Aryans to Jews etc. was banned.
- Protestant Churches were easier to contorl then Cathlic church because the Prot Church were traditionally nationalist and had conservative parities during weimar.
- july 1933, a concordant agreement was made where the parties agreed to not interfere with each other.
- 1935, 700 Prussain protestant pastors were arrested for condeming nazi neo-pragnism.
- 1936, chirch groups were disbanned and hitler youth was compulsory - 1939, church schools had disappeared.
- Hitler demanded the complete unification of all German - speaking people in defiance of the Versailles treaty.
2 of 4
- jan 1930. the brownshirts attacked and killed 8 Jews.
- the nazi party said that the 'natural hostility of the peasants against the Jews must be worked up into a frenzy'
- 1930, the nazis won 107 seats in the Reichstag
- 1932, in an interview, Hermann Goering declared that Nazis must defend themselves against the Jews by expelling Jews in Germany of Eastern European descent.
- July 1932, Goebbels wrote an article in the newspaper Der Angriff.
3 of 4
- 1929, the number of people jobless=1.3 million 1932=5.1 million
- 1928-1932 elections, nazi vote = 800,000 to 13,700,000.
- 6 million Germans unemployed in 1932 less than 2 million received unemployment help. 850,000 received nothing.
- Jewish people were involved in the media, banking etc.
- A high amount of early Bolshevik leaders were jewish from the event sin Barvia in 1918-19
4 of 4