- Created by: yzannepepper
- Created on: 07-06-18 17:07
Marriage and Succession
- She didn't want to marry as it would weaken her authority as Queen
- There were bad candidates for marriage such as Robert Dudley who's wife suspiciously died, Duke of Angou who was too young, and King Phillip who was Spanish and was married to Queen Mary previously.
- Parliament kept telling her to marry, therefore she calls parliament only 12 times and is poor all of her reign. John Stubbs got his hand cut off for suggesting marriage to Elizabeth.
- As she calls parliament less (the role of parliament is to give her money), she is poor all her reign.
1 of 1