what is it
- annual flowering plant.
- flowering between June and October
- flower are hat shaped
- normal grow to 1-2 meter high
- the flower are pink
- It is illegal to grow in the wild in the uk
1 of 4
were is it from
- from the Himalyan. hence the name
- human Introudction rusulted it being present in the Northen Hemispher.
- it normal found near an aduncdance of moisuter.
2 of 4
what damage dose it do.
- spreads quickly and form dense thickets.
- the seeds spread quickly, leading to large area geeting covred fast
- they proudces a lot of pollen which reudce the pollination of native plants.
- move up stream up due to exploding seed pods.
3 of 4
how are they trying to eradicate it
- revome it before seed set in.
- if it got shallow roots it can be pulled out.
- if seeds are present you have to burn it to kill the seeds.
- if the above is done regular it should die our within 2-3 years
- trimming of a large area can stop and prevent flowering,
4 of 4