This is the ability for our body's to move quickly either parts of the body of full ligaments.
With a healthy, balanced lifestyle, your speed is affected by:
- your heart and lung being more efficient
- your muscles move quicker therefore more energy is availiable
- muscles become more efficient at producing energy
- your joints are healthier and move easily
The ability of the muscular system to exert a force for a short period of time. The amount of force exerted depends on the size, number and co-ordination of the muscles involved.
This is important in everyday life to carry objects.
With a healthy, balanced lifestyle, your strength is improved by:
- Enlarges slow-twitch fibres givign a greater potential for energy production
- The size and number of mitochondria is increased.
- Causes musles to get bigger and stronger (hypertrophy)
The range of movement avaliable at a certain joint.
this is affected by the structure of the joint as well as the tendons, muscles and ligaments.
This is important to prevent strains and move more effectively.
A healthy, balanced lifestyle, improves your flexibilty by:
- allowing your ligaments and supporting tissues to stretch further
- the blood flow to your muscles to increase
- the rise in muslce temperature allows them to be more flexible
This is the ablility of the muscle or group or=f muscles to repeatedly contract and keep going without rest.
With a healthy, balanced lifestyle, your muscles can keep on going for longer due to greater areobic potential.
Activities like swimming can enlarge slow-twitch fibres improving energy production.
The number of mitrochondria are also imcreased as weel as an increase of myoglogin in the muscle cell.
Anareobic - Increase the sizer of fast-twitch muslces (hypertrophy).
The heart muscle becomes healthier and the size can increase (cardiac hypertrophy).
Cardiovascular Endurance or Stamina
The cardiovascular system involves transporting oxygen around the body. This includes:
- Blood Vessels
The benefits of a healthy, balanced lifestyle for your cardiovascular system include:
- healthy capillaries and increase in capillary density and efficiency
- healthy heart (less likely to suffer from heart disease).
- Good blood circulation; alongside exercise that can increase the amount of blood pumped by the heart
- Healthy blood pressure and a decrease in resting heart pressure
- feeling energetic - increase in haemoglobin which carries oxygen.
- increase in the number of red blood cells.
- Feeling less tired both physically and mentally.