Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
- The main body responsible for enforcing legislation and providig health and safety in the work place.
- HSE covers: offices, factories, hospitls, schools, mines, building sites, railways.
HSE employs health and safety enforcement who can:
- Enter premises
- Conduct investigations
- Take samples and photographs
- Ask questions
- Give advice
- Issue instructions that must be carried out by law
- Initiate a prosecution
- Inspect documents
- Issue improvement and prohibition notices.
Provide a frame work for a safe working enviornment.
Prosecution can occur if you do not comply with the Law.
1 of 1