Definition of health-
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being.
Definition of fitness-
Fitness is the ability to meet the demands of the environment.
There are 6 components of physical fitness.
- Cardio/respiratory endurance.
- Muscular endurance.
- Muscular strength.
- Body composition.
Motor fitness is the ability of the body to perform tasks skillfully with accuracy and balance.
There are 4 components:
- Agility - The ability to change the position of the body quickly and with control.
- Balance- The ability to retain the centre of mass above the base of support when stationary or moving.
- Co-ordination- The ability to use 2 or more body parts together.
- Reaction time- The time between the presentation of a stimulus and the onset of a movement.
Benefits of Sport
There are 3 areas of benefit from regular exercise:
- Improved confidence.
- Relief of stress and stress related illness.
* Stress related illness can be caused by tension and worry and can include conditions such as anxiety and depression.
- Losing weight.
- Improved posture.
- Improved body shape.
- Meeting people.
- Making friends.