- language to fulfil a need.
- used for requesting food, drink or comfort.
1 of 7
- used to influence the behaviour of others.
- Requesting others to do as you want. E.G. 'pick me up'.
2 of 7
- Developing social relationships.
- 'hello' or 'goodbye'.
3 of 7
- Express personal preferences.
- E.G. 'Here i am'.
4 of 7
- communicate information.
- relaying or requesting information. E.G. i got a new doll.
5 of 7
- Learning and exploring the environment.
- may involve asking questions of commentry on the child's play.
6 of 7
- exploring the imagination.
- Can accompany child's play as children create imaginary worlds.
- can be influenced by story telling and can include songs and jokes.
7 of 7