- Created by: livxxx29
- Created on: 11-10-18 18:34
The Kobe earthquake was on the Philippine and pacific boundary.
It was in 1995 and had a magnitude of 7.4 on the Richter scale
Started because of a he destructive plate boundary.
Occurred at a depth of 16km
Happens on the ring of fire as Kobe sits on a fault line.
Some of the primary effects of the Kobe earthquake:
1) Over 5000 fatalities.
2) Around 35,000 people were injured.
3) Many roads collapsed due to the quake.
4) A huge raised motorway collapsed.
5) 102,000 buildings were destroyed.
6) Dock areas were not accessible.
1) 300,000 people were made homeless.
2) Families destroyed and suffered from depression.
3) Difficult to travel in and out of the area.
4) loss of wealth to country.
5) 30 fires due to broken gas pipes.
6) Strain to the emergency services.
1) Received water from Japan.
2) Prople were evacuated.
3) Emergency rations were provided.
4) Rescue teams searched for the survivors.
5) Water, gas and electricity was working by July.
6) Railways back in service by August.
1) New laws to make roads safer.
2) Housing units constructed.
3) More instruments to help earthquake proof.
4) More earthquake proof buildings made.
5) Kobe has an annual anniversary.
6) School education on surviving earthquakes.