Haber Process - Chemistry Revision
KEY POINTS ABOUT HABER PROCESS:
- If you increase the pressure - it creates a situation where equilibrium shifts to favour the side with the fewer molecules. - This INCREASES the yield of ammonia.
- Haber came up with 200atm atmospheres
- Low Temperature - high yield - slow rate of reaction
- Haber came up with a compromise temperature of 450° as it gave him a fairly quick rate of reaction and a reasonable yield.
- Haber used an iron catalyst to increase the rate of reaction even further.
1 of 1