- Regularly consulted by government
- Good Access to corridors of power
1 of 3
- Do not want government access or are unable to attain recognition.
- Rural rebels
- Farmers For Action
2 of 3
- The distinction is not clear cut. Some groups pursue insider and outsider strategies at the same time.
- Friends of the Earth.
- More groups have a 'insider' status that Grant originally intended.
- Some groups are consulted by government (sometimes en mass) and their influence may be marginal.
- The distinction is less valid today because new forms of politics have arisen.
- More involvement and more arenas (EU). Groups may concentrate on Brussels, are these insider or outsider?
3 of 3