Designed to set out the rules and regulations within which governments can operate
1 of 7
6 Advantages of a codified constitution?
- Easy to understand
- Condensed into a single document
- Clear separation of powers
- RIghts of citizens are entrenched e.g US Bill of Rights
- Difficult to change - constitutional principles hard to change
2 of 7
3 Disadvantages of a codified constitution
- Necessary change can be difficult to achieve
- May not be able to keep up to date
3 of 7
How many times US constitution amended since 1900?
4 of 7
How many times FDR use presidential veto?
5 of 7
5 Sources of constitution?
- Statute law, acts of plt.
- Common law and Royal Perogatives
- Works of authority
- Conventions and treaties
- Eu law
6 of 7
E.g. EU case overruling UK law? when?
Factortame case 1990
7 of 7