The greenhouse effect, causing global warming
Global warming - increased level of atmospheric carbon dioxide.
The greenhouse effect:
- the atmosphere contains the carbon dioxide or greenhouse blanket!
- radiation from the sun is projected through the atmosphere and warms up the earth
- radiation that hits the earth is reflected back into space, although, some of the radiation is trapped by the carbon dioxide blanket and stays within the atmosphere causing the earth to warm up.
Effects of global warming
- melts polar ice caps, causing sea levels to rise
- habit changes
- change in weather patterns
1 of 1