The Social Democrats
- Wanted full democracy.
- Wanted to improve living and working conditions of ordinary people.
- Wanted to tax the rich.
- Popular amongst working class.
1 of 4
- More popular with middle class.
- Also popular with working class.
- More radical than socialists.
- Prepared to use violence +intended to launch violent revolution.
- Intended to create classless society + decent standard of living for all.
2 of 4
The Conservative Elite
- Most powerful group.
- Upper class, wealthy and snobby.
- Owned vast estates + huge buisnesses + factories.
- Strong supporters of Kaiser.
- Dominated highest + very important levels in government.
- Would have prefered to rule without Reichstag.
3 of 4
Germany Before 1918
- Not a democracy.
- Controlled by a Kaiser.
--> Wilhelm II.
--> Controlled domestic and foreign policy.
--> Appointed and dismissed Chancellor
--> Created to give impression of a democracy.
--> Elected by the people.
--> Strength limited.
--> New laws could not be introduced without its approval.
4 of 4