The Earth's surface is made out of huge floating plates that are constantly moving, these plates are called continental plates.
The Earth is built up of 4 seperate sections.
1. Core - the core is divided into 2 sections the inner core and the outer core.
2. Mantle - The mantle is semi - molten rock that surrounds the core.
3. Crust - The crust is divided into lots of slabs called tectonic plates.
The plates are made out of two different plates.
continental- The thicker and less dense part of the 2 plates
oceanic - The thinner and more dense part of the 2 plates
There are three types of plate margins.
1. Destructive margins - this is when two plates are moving towards each other
2. Constructive Margins - this is when two plates are moving away from each other
3. Conservative Margins - this is when two plates are moving sideways past each other.