Geography - Effects of the cyclone one bravo
- 111 people died
- 7000 were injured
- 2 metre high tidal surges covered the low-lying islands
- cut communication lines with islands along the coast
- 500,000 people were left homeless
- brick and thatch houses were flattened
- 608 educational institutes were damaged.
1 of 2
Geography - Relief - Cyclone one bravo
- The prime minister established a relief fund in 1997
- Government decided 500 families in each of the effected areas would be given 32kg of rice over 2 months.
- Action plan to give 72 feet of corrugated iron sheets to each family damaged houses.
- Bangladesh red crescent in may 2000 sent two relief truck from its national head quarters to its branches in Chittagong. They brought...
- 400 tarpaulins
- 20 rolls of plastic sheeting
- 100 jerry cans
- 500 mugs
- 500 pieces of crockery
- 500 alliminium plates
- 5000 pieces of second hand clothing
- 6 medical teams with first aid volunteers.
2 of 2