- Created by: DanielBurt
- Created on: 06-04-17 15:22
Social Sustainable Development
- Directly Improves life, such as better education, health and housing.
- Promotes equality between different groups.
1 of 6
Social Unsustainable Development
- Excludes some people, such as women or an ethnic minority group, increasing inequality.
- Imposed on people from above, so they have no say in decision-making
2 of 6
Economic Sustainable Development
- Increases income for many people long term, so quality of life improves.
- Proves to be good value for money, benefiting the most people for the least cost.
3 of 6
Economic Unsustainable Development
- Leads to debt, which future generations will have to pay back
- Onlyt makes a small number of people wealthy and increases inequality
4 of 6
Environmental Sustainable Development
- Helps conserve biodiversity, e.g. selective logging rather than large-scale deforestation.
- Uses non-polluting and renewable resources.
5 of 6
Environmental Unsustainable Development
- Wastes finite natural resources, e.g. fossil fuels, which are then not available in the future.
- Causes pollution, e.g. industry polluting the air and water, future generations will have to clean up.
6 of 6
Similar Geography resources: