- Created by: nat
- Created on: 31-05-11 19:38
key facts - water
- only 1% of earths total water resources are easily accessible as surface water.
- water supply is unevenly spread with 2/3 of world live in areas recieving only 25% of world rainfall.
- 1.5 billion people are without safe water.
- currently 845,000 dams in the world - 2/3 of all surface freshwater is obstructed.
- 90% of water used by humans is used in agriculture
1 of 2
key facts superpowers
- in 2008 53/100 top global brands were from the US
- there are 800,000 chinese run businesses in africa
- the use accounts for 22% of the worlds CO2 emmisions
- from 2000 - 2007 the USA total economic growth was 41% whereas Chinas was 185%
- after WW2 the british empire declined quickly
- in 2009 Russia destabiled Europe by cutting off gas supplies
2 of 2