- Genetic Engineering: the alteration of genetic code by artificial means.
- Topics include: genetic modification of crops, human cloning, etc.
1 of 3
- Human Cloning: the creation of an embryo using the genetic material from another human being so that it is an identical copy.
- The technology can help couples who cannot conceive.
- Therapeutic Cloning can help to cure inherited genetic disorders, such as Parkinson's disease.
- Some argue that full human rights status is given from conception and the embryo is sacred (created by God, with a destiny given by God and in God's image) and so the removal of an embryo's nucleus is the destruction of a unique being.
- Some argue that cloning is acceptable only for embryo research and cloned beings should not be allowed to develop.
- There are a number of consequential benefits, such as giving children to childless couples and the curing of degenerative diseases.
- However, the is a possibility of psychological and emotional damage for cloned beings.
2 of 3
- Embryo experimentation has the potential of finding cures for serious illnesses by using tissue or cells from embryos.
3 of 3