Gender conventions- All My Sons
- Kate portrayed as weak, and needs Joe ad Chris' support because she is emotional, however in the end she appears stronger than Joe
- Lydia is shown to be incompitent...
- Sue baylis relys on her husband completely
- Chris is growing into the convention to serve Ann
- george tries to control Ann, because he is her brother, and disagrees with her proposed marriage
1 of 2
Gender conventions- A Doll's House
- Mrs Linde starts to defy gender conventions by working to support herself in an era where few women worked and those who did were significantly lower paid than men.
- Nora satisfys gender conventions in this era by being the submissive housewife for Torvald
- Maid is female
- Torvald is the powerful figure for Nora
2 of 2