- Created by: AliceEva
- Created on: 29-04-15 10:16
Who is more likely to commit crime?
- Societies norms and values point towards being masculine and powerfull (strain)
- Women are seen as vulnerable and innocent
- Statistics point toward more male crime
- Different types of offenses
- Poor socialisation and lack of male role models
- Police focus more on male offending
- CRISIS OF MASCULINITY!
For every 100 men convicted of the following crimes in 2011, this number of women were also found guilty of the same crimes.
- Shoplifting - 80
- Fraud - 22
- Handling stolen Goods - 16
- Murder - 12
- Sexual offences - 1
Men are commiting more serious offences so are making it onto official statistics, Male and Females are Homogenous.