Example of Velocity and Speed
- A plane is travelling around the globe at 200 miles m/s has a constant speed and a changing veocity because of its constant change in direction.
1 of 3
Acceleration Definition, Formula and Traingle
- Acceleration is the charge of velocity per second. The unit of acceleration is the metre per second squared (m/s squared)
- Acceleration= Change in velocity/Time
- Formula Triangle:
2 of 3
A car travels from rest 0m/s to 56m/s in 56 seconds, what is its acceleration?
- Step 1: work out the change in velocity by taking the final from the initial - 56 m/s - 0m/s: 56m/s
- Step 2: divide the change in velocity by the time - 56/56: 1
- Step 3: make sure that you have included units. Acceleration: 1m/s squared
3 of 3